Monday, August 30, 2010

Of Automotive Executives and Convenience Stores...

*** Dreamt August 29-30, 2010 ***

My dream kept bouncing back and forth between 2 primary scenarios...

Scenario 1: The Board Meeting
I was the chairman of the board of some large, unnamed, automobile company. The board consisted of 10 or 12 members including our family friend Rachel; no one else on the board was recognizable. Our meeting was held around a large oval table in the middle of a small parking lot. In the stalls of the parking lot were prototypes of new cars, which all looked remarkably like Porsche 911s. They were all black & white and had crash test decals all over them. These were our new concept cars and we needed 12 of them, but we were short and everybody on the board was panicking about it.

Scenario 2: The Convenience Store
I was in a big hurry to go somewhere, but needed to pick something up from a 7-11/Maverick-like store. As I was in the store, hurriedly looking around for whatever item it was I needed, I noted that there wasn't a line at the register, so even though I was in a hurry, I wasn't TOO stressed. I don't really know what it was that I needed...I DO remember seeing a big bottle of what looked like hand sanitizer and was tempted to get it. As I stared at the bottle, I noticed a couple of people get in line at the register. I hurried moved to get in line (although I'm not sure I actually had any items), but as I move there, EVERYONE else in the store finished their shopping and got to the line before me, so I ended up being at the back of a line of at least 8 or 10 people.


The majority of my dream seemed to bounce between these 2 settings.

I also remember a glimpse of a 3rd scenario as well...I was in the field behind my parents house with some friends. I think we were going to set up tents and camp back there. That's all I remember about that one.

The last bit of my dream was in the board meeting scenario, we had ALMOST gotten the last of our prototype cars and I was pointing out to somebody that even though these cars were prototypes, that they were pretty cool looking. As I said this, I somehow picked up the car...as I reached for it it had somehow shrunk, because now it was just a model of car about the side of my hand.

Then I woke up.

*** ***

No comments: