Thursday, August 26, 2010

Memories of Childhood

*** Dreamt August 25-26, 2010 ***

Initially in my dream my family was going to Sacrament Meeting at church, only it was night time. I also started to feel like we'd just gone to church, so I didn't know why we were going again. I then remembered that recently the church had changed it's meeting schedule so on Saturday you'd go to Sunday School & Priesthood/Relief Society, then on Sunday night you'd go to Sacrament Meeting.

Then everything in my dream changed.

I was with my family at some sort of party/reunion in Clearfield - the city I lived in until I was 5. The event was being held outdoors and there were lots of canopies set-up over picnic tables and sandboxes. ...There were a surprising number of sandboxes.

While there I ran into Kimberly, my best friend when we lived in Clearfield. We were happy to see each other and started swapping stories about the old days.

Also there was Kimberly's older sister (whom she doesn't have in real life) who looked EXACTLY like Melissa Gilbert. I attribute this to the fact that some of my few memories of my old house in Clearfield involve watching "Little House on the Prarie."

I was telling her how I'd seen her brother Casey's facebook page and how funny it was to me that he was still into the same kind of things that my brother and I are (we used to all play together when we were kids). It seemed like our mutual interests in those formative set us on a path of liking certain kinds of things, because even though we moved away from each other, we still grew up to have the same sorts of interests and hobbies. She wasn't especially interested in my theories about that so she changed the topic...

Kimberly then asked me if I remembered how to speak some language we had known when we were little (I don't remember what she called it). I told her I'd forgotten it, and she reminded me that I when I was little I used to stand in the corner and speak it, so I decided to try it. I went over to one of the sandboxes, sat in the corner and suddenly found myself able to speak this bizarre, gibberish language and only she and I could understand.

Then I woke up.

*** ***

No comments: