Monday, August 16, 2010

Paralyzed!! ...well, sortof

*** Dreamt August 15-16, 2010 ***

I was at my parent's Stake Center just sortof wandering around. I could hear what sounded like a big group of people in the cultural hall, so I made my way to it. When I peered in, I was no longer at the Stake Center. I was at a school. I think it may have been my Junior High School. There was an assembly going on in the lunchroom (which is what I was now peering into), and I realized that I was supposed to be in there. I kinda felt self conscious about being out in the hall instead of in where I was supposed to be, so I ducked back around the door.

The principal came out and said, "Ah! There you are!! We're ready for you!" I remembered that I was there to be an inspirational speaker at this assembly. Several years prior I had severely rolled my ankle and from that time had been paralyzed from the ankle down, so I was there to tell the kids my story and how I never let it get me down and all that stuff that people with actual infirmities do when they are motivational speakers.

As I started to hobble up onto the stage I felt an odd tingling in my foot. I realized that after all these years I was re-gaining feeling in my paralyzed foot!! I wasn't happy about it, though, I was torn about what I should do. Should I go on and give my motivational speech as though my foot were still paralyzed? Or should I apologize and just leave?? I didn't know what to say. Happily, I woke up.

*** ***

No comments: