Friday, September 3, 2010

"Nazis in the Morning"

*** Dreamt Sept 2-3, 2010 ***

I was one of the newest member of Cirque Du Soleil. We went through several of the routines in my dream, although now I can't remember what they were.

After we were done with practice I went over to Amy Porter who was also a member of the Cirque Du Soleil troop. I told her how exciting this all was and she told me that her favorite of all the routines was the "Nazis in the Morning" routine. The routine consisted of a lot of girl acrobats jumping on a trampoline VERY high up between two steel girders which crossed at one end to make a lying-down "V" shape. The girls would spring up between the girders, then turn to be horizontal so on their way back down they'd actually land across the "V" with their hands on one girder and their feet on the other. For the first few girls this was fairly simple, but the later girls had quite a chasm (the first girls stayed in place across the "V", so the later girls had to be further away from where the girders crossed) to stretch across. The last girl literally caught the "V" with her toes and fingertips. The routine was called "Nazis in the Morning" because during the routine there was a song playing that had the lyrics "Nazis in the Morning".

Then I woke up. I immediately went over to Amy to tell her about that dream. She thought it was weird that I'd had a dream with her in it.

Then I woke up AGAIN. For real, this time.

***

Dreams within dreams are so nuts!! It's so bizarre to have the double wake-up thing happen.

Amy (who was in the musical "State Fair" with me last year) made an appearance, I'm certain, because the day before I'd noticed that she'd sent me a facebook friend request. The rest of the dream, though, was just bizarre.

It's funny about the "Nazis..." song, in my dream I could hear the song and it had a real melody and I could sing along with it, but there's no way I can remember how the song went now.

No comments: