Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baseball & The Bride

*** Dreamt Sept 7-8, 2010 ***

I was playing baseball in some sort of an organized league. Not as organized as a city league...more like an inter-office league or something like that. I noticed that although we had a full team of 9 players, our opponents only had 4 - a pitcher, 2 basemen, and an outfielder. I figured they just couldn't get enough people together, so this should be an easy win.

I went to bat, but instead of using a traditional bat, I was using a huge (at least 6 or 8 feet long) tree branch that had lots of small twigs and branches coming off of it. I found it was surprising easy to swing considering its size, but I still missed the first couple of pitches. On the 3rd pitch I hit a grounder and ran to first base.

When I got to 1st, I found there were 2 privacy screens setup, creating a "V" right next to the base. The way the "V" was angled, though, it provided privacy from the other bases and outfield, but you could easily see into it from 1st. Standing there in the shade of the privacy screens was a girl I didn't recognize dressed in a bridal gown. I think she'd just had her picture taken, or was getting ready to have it taken.

I'm quite certain that she was somehow part of the game...I think she may have been on my team and had already gone to bat before me.

About then I woke up.

*** ***

I told this dream to my friend at work who had a degree in Psychology. His initial interpretation was "If you ever wanna make it to 1st base, you've gotta get married!"

This interpretation made me laugh out loud, but I pointed out to him that "first base" is just kissing, and I've - shockingly enough - done that before.

He replied, "Oh yeah..." and began a dream interpretation research mission. His research into dream interpretation yielded the following elements:
1 - Being at a baseball game represents contentment and peace of mind.
2 - PLAYING in a baseball game represents the desire to set and achieve goals and can mean that the dreamer feels a need to stop goofing around and focus on goals.
3 - A tree branch represents growth, new life, or relationships.
4 - Shades signify something secret or hidden.
5 - The presence of a bride often signifies purity, but can also (more obviously) signify a partnership or spouse.

My co-worker's final interpretation: I'm pretty satisfied with my life as is, but I need to stop "playing the game" and get married, but I don't know who I need to marry.

2 comments:

AG said...

Hmmmm, very interesting.

Jinx said...

An alternate interpretation could be that the day before this dream I went to a Salt Lake Bees baseball game, so baseball was on my mind.