Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jurassic Camp

I've had several good dreams in the last few weeks that I've been delinquent on posting...I'll try to get them up here in the next few days...

*** Dreamt October 1-2, 2008 ***

I was at a scout camp. Not really sure what camp it was...one of the big scout camps where several troops are up there at a time, each for a week. It was quite late at night, and there had just been some big camp-wide meeting around a big campfire. Now that the meeting was over it was time for the individual groups to return to their respective camps.

As we headed back I noticed how well lit the whole camp seemed to be, despite the late hour. I mentioned it and another scout told me it was because of the crystals. I hadn't noticed them until just then, but suddenly I noticed that all over the camp there were these little ponds (about the size of a big swimming pool someone would have in their backyard) and right next to each pond was a tripod build from 3 tall logs lashed together at the top, upon which rested a rather huge (probably the size of a small car), blueish, glowing stone. I was very impressed by them, and understood that they were there so that people could swim in the ponds at night.

I made my way up to where my camp was, and when I got there I discovered I was at the Ray B. West building (the English department) at Utah State University. I climbed some stairs until I was on the 3rd floor, then I went over to one of the windows that faced the Quad, and to my horror I saw a 20-foot tall Tyrannosaurus Rex-like dinosaur causing mass mayhem. It was chasing students around, snapping at them, and shoving them with it's nose. At one point I was sure it was going to eat somebody, but then it just shoved him to the ground. I was scared, but rather puzzled why it wasn't eating anybody. Then I saw the baby dinosaur!! Another T-Rex-like monster, maybe 10 feet tall came into view and I realized the big one wasn't eating them, it was herding them so the baby could eat them!!

***

It was about then that I woke up. No actual blood or carnage, but still, somewhat unnerving.

3 comments:

Thaddeus said...

Do you ever see your dreams from various camera angles? When you mentioned watching the dinosaurs from the Ray B. West windows, I saw you in my head and then zoomed in on the windows you were looking out of.

Jinx said...

Oh yes. Although this was mostly a first-person dream. I like to think most of my dreams are pretty cinematic...in my superman dream, when I was pushing the building I was seeing the building (and myself) from a long shot, so I could see the building going from crooked to straight up-and-down.

AG said...

You must really miss me. You were going to my old office in Ray B. West that you didn't even know about. Oh Jared we will have to get some more one on one time so that life does not seem so traumatic and out of sorts.