Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Super Dream

*** Dreamt Sept 20-21, 2008 ***

I was superman. That's right, the cape-wearing, high-flying, man of steel. And I felt awful. I'd been doing a lot of thinking and had noticed that in my feats of daring-do that I'd actually created quite of bit of destruction throughout Metropolis. I was just trying to save the world, but as a side effect I'd actually caused some major problems for some people.

I flew down to this video store through which I'd recently thrown some super villain. I went in to apologize for the damage and to find out if there was anything I could do to help, but the guy went off on me. I'd actually caused so much damage that the guy couldn't pay for repairs and he'd ended up losing his business. I felt so bad.

I flew outside and rounded up some of my super buddies (spiderman and aqua man), and we decided that we were going to go around the city and try to repair anything that we'd accidentally damaged. At the top of my list was a sky scraper that I'd somehow knocked over. It was tilted considerably to one side, and was now leaning on another building. I flew over to it and started pushing it back upright. Spiderman, who was down on the ground, had attached several webs to the top of the building and was pulling to help give me some leverage....although I really doubt he was helping, I mean, c'mon, this is a BUILDING we're moving, and I was freakin' superman!

I got the building upright, and felt some sense of accomplishment. I looked down at Spidey, gave him a thumbs up and we headed of to find some more of our damage.

*** ***

This was a rather unusual dream for me, not so much because of the content of the dream, but the fact that I was somebody else. Often in my dreams I'm in situations that I've never actually (nor ever could be in)...I've been able to fly, I've been an olympian, I've been lots of stuff...but it's always been ME. In this dream I was superman; not me with the powers of superman...I was him. I'm not really sure why that stood out so much to me, but it was definitely something unusual for me to have a completely different identity in my dream.

Do you ever dream you're somebody completely else (not just you in bizarre/impossible circumstances)?

1 comment:

allredclan said...

What a dream, J! ;) Too bad that nobody liked you,though. That bites! Have I ever dreamed that I was actually someone else before? No. I definitely think there must be something wrong with you. (IMHO) ;)