Saturday, September 22, 2007

Power Showers

Do you ever take a shower that makes you feel EXCEPTIONALLY clean? I'm not just talking your normal run-of-the-mill, use soap = don't stink type of showers. Every now and then I'll take a shower that just seemed MORE cleansing than normal, and for several hours afterward I'll still have that minty fresh feeling.

Yesterday I took a shower like that, and it made my day! Well...the rest of it. I took it in the afternoon, and I think maybe that's part of the trick. In the mornings I'm too sleepy to appreciate the power shower and at night I go to bed too quickly following it. That midday shower, though...it's really the prime time to appreciate the power shower's effects.

What time is it? Oh my gosh! I have to work tomorrow!! Why am I still up!?!?

4 comments:

Elissamae said...

I have to say...those showers for me happen after I have been swimming. I go swimming, I take a nice long shower knowing I don't have to pay for the water...soap down, wash my hair and...oh, it's a beautiful thing! I totally admit it...I love those times. That's not the only reason I go swimming, but it's a big part of it :)

Anonymous said...

Those type of showers are amazing! They make me feel super pretty! You just feel like you are the cleanest person in the world and you do feel "all fresh and minty". Like when I brush my teeth after one of those showers, I feel really clean.

Kendra said...

I have to say that I think the best showers I have is after spending a long time outside in the bitter cold. I turn on the water to where it just about burns me and I imagine that the heat is coming from the summer sun. I often will stay in one of those showers for about 20 to 30 minutes. I know it's not very good for conserving water...but oh it's great for the soul!!!

Jenette said...

The best showers are after I've been working over an open fire as a pioneer and smell like I've been camping for a week. And I'm tired. And hot. And tired. Those are the best. Although, for the record, it takes more than one washing of the hair to get out smoke smell. That is why my hair will always slightly smell like smoke for the next 4 weeks.