Thursday, April 17, 2008

I HAVE CREATED PHYSICS!!

After several weeks of plugging away at it, I have created Physics!! And yesterday another member of my group created rain!! ...We feel we're dangerously close to becoming supreme beings.

For the utterly confused, I'm in a Game Development class, and these are components for the game we're working on. It's a physics-based side scroller, and I'm not really sure how fun it'll end up being in the end, but it'll be kinda cool, at least.

The final version of the game doesn't need to be finished until NEXT Friday, but we have a major milestone that NEEDS to be reached by this Friday, so we've been working overtime lately. Yesterday I was up at 4:30am to work on it, I continued working on it until 11:30am when I went to work, I stayed there until a little after 5:00pm when I went home grabbed a bite to eat and headed back up to the school, and I was there until 11:30pm. But right at the end, my physics started fully working, so it was all worth it!! I now have fully working gravity, collisions, and joints...if you'd like a real-world example of these three things in action, simply run into a wall and then go limp. Actually, it'd be difficult for you to observe these if you're the one running...maybe get a friend to do it. Better yet, set up a video camera and record yourself doing the experiement...then send me a copy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very exciting! I will test the game for you and let you know if it is any fun. What do you say?

Kendra said...

Congrats on creating physics! It sounds like you've almost killed yourself doing it, but I'm glad you didn't...and I'm glad you are almost done.

In regards to your testing request, I know first hand that Thad really likes to play "Limp," so I'm sure he would LOVE to volunteer. I'd be happy to video record him doing it, if he agrees. ;)

AG said...

Umm, so this is what you were working on that made me almost not see you? If I had known the raw power of your excellence I would not have disturbed the super power at work. Will you take over the world this weekend? By the way, I have blogged three times in the last week and none of you have responded. (Pouting)

Thaddeus said...

How many physics did you create? Five? Five thousand? Five million? Five Brazilian?

Jinx said...

I guess that all depends on your definition of a physic. According to MY definition of a physic (which I will not define here), it's probably somewhere on the order of 5 Brazilian.

AG said...

My curiosity has been piqued. What IS your definition of physic?

Jinx said...

It's all very complicated and would take a scientist to explain it.