Tuesday, April 15, 2008

'80s Bash at Harry & David

Here's another dream for the "Whaaa??" category...

**** Dreamt April 14-15 2008 ****

I was at the Harry & David store in Park City, but the store was MUCH larger than it really is. In real life, the store is quite small, but in my dream it was pretty huge and also, a restaurant. For those who may not know, Harry & David is a store that specialized in fruits, nuts, and chocolate-covered fruits & nuts. Yes, it's kindof an odd concept, but if you're ever in the Park City area, bored out of your mind while the women-folk you're with are shopping at the outlet malls, let me recommend swinging by Harry & David...they give free samples!!

ANYWAY, so I was at Harry & David, and there was a big '80s party going on. Everybody was dressed up with huge hair, tons of bracelets, leg warmers, and jackets with far too many zippers on them. The lights were dimmed and there was a projector showing classic '80s music videos. I was having a great time with all of my friends (none of whom I recognized as ACTUAL friends in real life). We were talking about how much fun the party was and how it was JUST like high school, when suddenly I realized, "Wait! This isn't just like High School at all! I wasn't in high school in the '80s...I wasn't even in Jr High in the '80s! And since WHEN has Harry & David been a restaurant?!?"

Very rapidly the acceptance of the ridiculous that seems so natural in dreams faded and I awoke to find Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical" playing on my clock radio. How my radio got tuned to an '80s rock station is beyond me!

******

Interpretations welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My interpretation:
I think the being set in Park City means you want to go on a road trip. The store you need more chocolate, nuts, and fruit in your diet, and the 80's theme. . . . . . well I don't know because I was barely even in school in the 80's. Now if it was set in the 90's I could help you out there. And the 'other' friends that you had in the dream, well that was just rude to even mention them to us because we weren't invited.
Does that help??