Monday, February 25, 2008

Academy Awards Party 2008...er...2007?


Last night was the 80th Annual Academy Awards (which took place in 2008 but award movies that were released in 2007...I think the academy would refer to it as the 2007 Academy Awards, but I think it's safer to just stick with "80th Annual..."), and we had a great party!! If you didn't know about it, sorry. If you did know about it and didn't come, you missed OUT!! Go ahead, feel bad!...I'll wait. All of you people who said "Nah...I don't really care about the Oscars" or "It sounds interesting but I think we'll pass" or other similar responses, you need to talk to those who attended...it was FUN...I'm not gonna throw a lame party...I mean c'mon...it's me!

There were oscar quizzes, ballots so you could vote for the nominees, yum-tastic hamburgers cooked on the grill, and even cookie salad!! ...yeah....you'll have to ask Thad about the cookie salad.

Much like "No Country For Old Men", our roommate Michael was the big winner last night, winning two fabulous prizes; one for taking 1st in one of the oscar quizzes AND one for tying for 1st in the oscar ballots. Other winners included Thad, Jared, & Jennae.

After last night's experience I think next year there'll hopefully be a bit more enthusiasm for my Oscar Party (at least from those in attendance this year), and I guess we'll have to make a special, full ballot (instead of just selections from the "major" categories) for Thad. Here's a big thanks to Michael, Jennie, Thad, Laurie, Jennae, Ben, & Amanda who all had a good time and helped make the party a success! Oh and, again, if you did miss out, make arrangements to swing by and eat some of Thad's Cookie Salad...please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The party was wonderful! I can't wait for next year, and the cookie salad was very good.

Jenette said...

Way to make me feel bad...again. It does sound like you gave quite the bash. I never doubted that, by the way.