Thursday, December 1, 2011

Crazy Weather

*** Dreamt Nov 30-Dec 1, 2011 ***

I was in the Philippines and it was the rainy season. I was at someone's house, and really needed to go visit someone who lived nearby, but on the other side of some fields. The problem was that the weather was CRAZY. Just torrential rain and winds, so people were being warned to stay indoors.

Someone turned on the radio and we could hear the weather report which was reporting both the weather where we were in the Philippines, as well the the weather around the I-15 corridor. I commented to somehow how interesting it is that the Philippines and Utah always seem to have pretty much exactly the same weather.

As the weather report went on, they warned people to stay off the roads, especially the freeways (and as this was going on it was like my dream was showing me a montage of all the places the radio weatherman was talking about). He (the weatherman) said that the freeways were lined with cars pulled-over, and to watch out for the occasional Jawa Sandcrawler. And sure enough, I saw a shot of a freeway scene with TONS of vehicles pulled over to the sides, most of which were sand speeders like Luke Skywalker drove in Star Wars Episode IV, but there were also a couple of huge Jawa Sandcrawlers pulled off the side of the road. I was quite proud of the people of the Philippines for being so good about pulling over due to the inclement weather (literally EVERY vehicle on the freeway was pulled-over).

I decided I REALLY needed to go visit whomever it was I needed to visit. I bundled up and headed out into the storm. As I started making my way through the yard I saw some church officials outside whom I avoided because I knew they'd make me go back inside. The ground was just dirt (no grass or pavement) and was extremely soggy and muddy. Every step I took, I sunk about 2 inches into the mud. Along the fence line I saw a long row of snickerdoodle cookies were on the ground, which were now extremely soggy and bloated-looking. "What a shame THAT is", I thought to myself, and I imagined how delicious a snickerdoodle would be, if it weren't all huge and soggy due to being left out in the rain.

Then I woke up. My television was on (it has an on-off timer that I use for an alarm clock) and a news report was going on about CRAZY high winds that have been gusting around here all morning.

*** ***

No comments: