Thursday, December 31, 2009

Video Game Sleepovers and Blueberry Weaponry

*** Dreamt Dec 28-29, 2009 ***

My brother Brandon, my friend Preston, and I were at an arcade participating in some sort of late night video game tournament. I was watching the screen and saw a player who was depicted on screen as a werewolf, and they were AMAZING...I don't recall the purpose of the game, but whatever it was, the player was demonstrating some amazing skills. Preston stepped up and logged on and dominated the player, who them stood up from the console she'd been playing from to reveal it was a girl gamer. I was impressed. But then not incredibly surprised to see her walk over to the counter and start ringing-up customers.

My brother and buddy decided we should spend the night there in the arcade. It was very late and it just seemed to, somehow, make sense.

I then started watching a documentary about a bio-chemical weapon that was used in the Vietnam War. The weapon took the form of a blueberry-flavored purple jelly that was stored in plastic squeeze tubes. The tubes were dropped from airplanes into jungle villages. The idea was that the natives would start to use the jelly as food, then the military could somehow activate the weapon-component of the jelly (it was unclear in my dream exactly how the jelly was a weapon). But as the natives started using it, they found that the jelly was immensely useful and could be turned into bread (not blueberry bread...just regular wheat bread) and other foods. It was a miracle food and would later be used to end world hunger.

Then I woke up.

*** ***

No comments: