Monday, July 23, 2007

By Way of Announcement...

The Official GarlickDance film festival took place on Saturday July 21, 2007, and was a HUGE success. Tons of fun. We had a good turn-out of about 40 people at the Utah Chapter of GarlickDance, and about 30 met for the Oregon Chapter, which took place at the same time.

Now for Logan! Since my movie features several Loganites and several others helped in one way or another, there has been much demand to see my movie. Here's the deal, though...just watching my movie would be fun, but to really appreciate the whole GarlickDance thing, you gotta watch several movies. If you read my last post, you know the deal about the shared-script. The first few movies shown in the festival, unfortunately, suffer somewhat, because the audience is often not very familiar with the script, but after watching a few, half the fun of watching becomes waiting to see how the next movie is going to use a given line of dialogue, or what crazy stuff they chose to fill-in-the-blanks that were provided in the script. So rather than just watch my movie, for the Logan premiere of my film we're going to watch all (or at least most of) the movies from the film festival. "Where" and "when", you ask? Well here's the plan...

Our friend Janey works over at the Cine-Four theater by Winger's, and she told us that she can let us watch the movies there!! Isn't that awesome!?! Here's the only catch...it has to be late, and due to several scheduling conflicts, we can't do it on a weekend unless we wait 3 or 4 weeks. So here's what we're planning. 1 week from today (Monday, July 30) we're going to watch the movies at Janey's theater. We're meeting there at 11:30pm, and should start fairly shortly thereafter. Yes, it's a work night, yes, it's late...There's nothing we could do about it. But here's the deal: If we watch all the movies it's only about an hour long (and we'll probably skip a couple of them), and since you know well in advance you can make sure you get plenty of sleep the night before and even plan on taking a nap that afternoon or something, so you'll have the energy to come watch!

I'm really excited for this! I think it's going to be way fun! Hopefully anybody who's interested can make it! Oh, and this is really open to anybody who wants to come. If you know someone who might be interested, invite 'em. I don't want hecklers - remember that the films are all made by amateur filmmakers...for some this was their first movie project ever - but the more the merrier, I say.

5 comments:

Thaddeus said...

I'll be there with all of my bells on. And whistles.

AG said...

Oh I wish I could be there. Maybe you could recreate it for me when I come up in a couple of weeks. It isn't a theater but maybe we could watch it on Steven's big screen. Hooray for Garlick Dance!

Jinx said...

Not to worry, subsequent watchings will, I'm sure, ensue.

Jinx said...

Here's a fun little tidbit for you folks who may be wondering what the heck all this GarlickDance stuff is about and can't make it to the Logan event tonight.

Last year just for fun my dad sent a little email to a couple local news stations telling about our family film festival. We figured that unless it was a really slow news day there'd be pretty much no chance of anybody caring, but hey, there are always dorky little public interest stories on the news, so why not?

Well, to our great shock channel 2 actually called us back and asked if they could send somebody out to interview us about it. Here's a link to the little story they aired about GarlickDance.

http://kutv.com/video/?id=17403

Pretty cool, eh?

Kendra said...

Jinx - Just to let you know, that was one of the funnest experiences ever!! Your film turned out so well and it was awesome to see my friends on the big screen. I'm such a movie buff, and to sit and watch us in a real theater while eating popcorn...it was just fantastic! (Did you notice that I was first in line to see it?)

I still want a copy so I'll pay you promptly!!!